Thursday, June 29, 2006
Accomplishment Lists vs. To Do Lists


I would love to have an empty house and just start by putting things into the house that I really love or use often and then chuck the rest. As I don't have that option, I make lists, lots of lists.
I am finding that To Do Lists just aren't cutting it for me. I am a details oriented person and therefore my To Do Lists aren't five or ten items long they cover entire sheets of paper, sometimes on both sides. Not only does is this extremely daunting to look at, it often results in me getting less done than if I hadn't drawn up a list. If I make a To Do List I feel the need to schedule everything in with the minimal amount of time possible on each task so that I can squeeze it all into one day. However, as many of you know, having a 1 year old often means that scheduling goes out the window.
Yesterday I had brain wave. I don't have a problem identifying what needs to be done, I have a problem getting it done. So instead of making To Do Lists I am going to try to make Accomplishment Lists so at the end of the day I can see that I have indeed been productive (I feel like I've got nothing done a lot of days...) and over time I can see the trends and perhaps streamline things.
Hopefully it works!!

Labels:


posted at 2:23 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
You Are a Frappacino At your best, you are: fun lo...
Which Jane Austen character are you?
100 Acre Wood quiz
Downsizing and reorganizing
New "office" space
Hooray!!
Your Five Factor Personality Profile Extroversion:...
So much for 21 days...
Day 3 - Master Bedroom continued...
Partial success - A Report on Day 2

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: