Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Homemaking Meme
I found this over at Emma's blog and thought it looked like fun.


Aprons – Yes or No? If Yes, what does your favorite look like?
Yes! I have one that is oilcloth with an old add for Sunlight dish soap.


Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Chocolate chip cookies that are chewy or cocoa cookies. Yum!


Clothesline – Yes or No?
Yes! Although we haven't had it up in a while due to vandalism last summer - someone tore it down, clean laundry and all. :(


Donuts – Have you ever made them?
No, but this reminds me that my mom has a delicious recipe for making baked donuts. I will have to ask her for it and give them a try.


Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
I always go around the house each evening and tidy up. I make sure all the toys are put away and the books are stacked nicely on the coffee tables and that the dishes are all in the kitchen and that entrance hall is clean.


Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No, but it's on our wishlist. My husband is a hunter and if he gets a moose there is no way it can fit in our refridgerator freezer. This year's moose is in my mom and dad's freezer!


Garbage Disposal – Yes or No?
No.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
\I like to the Martha Stewart website. I am hoping to get her homekeeping book as well someday.


Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Neither really. I do like the look of a freshly pressed cotton dress shirt or linen top but rarely iron. I usually just cheat and hang up the shirt as soon as it comes from the dryer before it has a chance to wrinkle.


Junk drawer – Yes or No? Where is it?
Multiple ones! There is one in the kitchen, one in our bedroom, one in the living room and one in the spare room/office.


Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
We live in an old rental so we haven't done much with it. The cupboards were fake dark wood but we painted them white. The floor is a funky green, harvest gold and cream lino from the 60s/70s and our sink is harvest gold too. Yeah, I can't wait for the kitchen in our log home - I get to pick out everything from scratch!


Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I love doing laundry - it's such a practical thing but it involves taking care of everyone in our family and every room in our home.


Mop – Yes or No?
Oh yes. We have a new synthetic style mop that built on the design of those old cotton, stringy mops. It works well and dries out very quickly once you've finished mopping.


Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Definitely by hand! Then they hang over the shower curtain rod to dry.


Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I open the door.


Pizza – What do you put on yours?
I like ham and pineapple or sometimes chicken, and my husband prefers pepperoni and green pepper so we do both!


Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? I check my favourite blogs or read or call my sisters and almost always have a snack!


Recipe card box – Yes or No? What does it look like?
\Yes, my grandfather made me one of stained glass. It is brown glass with a slice of pie on the lid.


Style of house – What style is your house?
We live in an apartment over what used to be a Nazarene church that was probably built in the 60s. However, we are currently building an eight sided log home and hope to be moved in by the fall.


Tablecloths and napkins – Yes or No?
Not often, although I should! I really love cloth napkins. We have a beautiful pine table that my husband built and I like to let it's character shine in our dining room so I rarely cover it up.


Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
An organized toxic wasteland!

Vacuum – How many times per week?
Probably at least three times a week. It make the house look so much fresher.


Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Probably about 8 loads of clothes(my husband is a mechanic!) and linens per week plus 4 or 5 loads of diapers.


X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Yes! I write oodles of lists.


Yard – Yes or No? Who does what?
Yes. I do the weeding and flower planting and sweep the steps and walkways. My husband plants most of the veggies and does the lawn mowing on the riding mower. The riding mower is a fun thing for me every once in a while too though!


Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I do a quick sweep of the house putting things away..

Labels:


posted at 12:58 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 12:28 PM, Blogger SaintSophia said...

On my pizza I like pineapple and pepperoni, my favorite combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
This week's "Commitment to Loveliness"
My little sweeties
Finished project - finally!
Commitment to Loveliness
Holiday Grand Plan 2006
Happy Canada Day!
Procrastination rears its ugly head - again!
Getting inspiration...
Accomplishment Lists vs. To Do Lists
You Are a Frappacino At your best, you are: fun lo...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: