Monday, April 09, 2007
Favourite Things


It's time for "Let's Get Real Monday" with Randi over at i have to say... This time the topic is "My Favorite Things". Zip over to her blog and check in on everyone's favorites and add your own!

Here is a somewhat random, somewhat organized list of some of my favourites...

cuddling with my husband
snuggling with my sleeping children
playing and talking with my kids
goofing around with my sisters
being able to see my parents anytime

Bare feet
If I have to wear socks, cotton thigh highs in funky colours

wild strawberries
sticky date pudding (you Australian ladies know what I'm talking about!)
real macaroni and cheese
caribou steaks
pineapple

milk
Coke
caramel macchiatos from Starbucks (***let's just say it's a good thing that I live 15 hours drive from the closest one***)

my Bible from high school
Jane Austen books
Ellis Peters books (Brother Cadfael)
Decorating magazines

vintage clothes
vintage patterns
thrifting

sewing
baking
needlework
housework (really!)
rearranging furniture

Irish wolfhounds
bunnies
chickens

running
hiking

writing and receiving "real" letters
finding lost friends on Facebook

checking Bloglines for new posts from the blogs I visit regularly!

Labels:


posted at 1:43 AM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 5:40 AM, Blogger The Woman said...

Housework?

All the wonderful things you mention, and, yet, this is the one that hopped out at me!

Lovely list!

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Denise said...

Great List! It made me smile wih such a variety of things. (chickens are a favorite around here, whether plaster, porcelain, plastic or feathered!) Thank you for joining and sharing!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Randi said...

Many of the things you list are favorites of mine as well. Never heard of sticky date pudding, but I am sure it is wonderful!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Girl Gone Wild said...

Caribou steak?! I've never had it. I loved your list.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Great list! I love housework when it's done! LOL

My favorties are here.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Bean said...

I love fun socks - but I prefer to be barefoot, too ;) Have you been to sockdreams.com ??

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I loved reading your list of favorite things!
Thanks so much for coming by! Stop in again!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

I also like rearranging furniture, makes the house feel new at $0 cost.

If you like Andrea Bocelli, you will like Amici Forever-The Opera Band. They are fabs., a group of 5 singing classical.

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Juliet Echo Mike said...

Love your list of favorites! Chickens are on my list, too. XO, Jill

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Erin said...

We have very similar likes. Cuddles, kids, rearranging furniture, coke, cleaning, socks (striped or polka dots) I like them all. I have to confess I have never tried Caribou steaks but my sister has and says they are yummy. Thanks for sharing your list!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Pam in Colorado said...

Jane Austin, high school bible, thrifting and rearranging furniture are wonderful! I'm really getting into vintage patterns and since I'm learning to sew (thanks to Randi) I will actually make some.

Coke, not so much!! Yuck!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous deb said...

Thanks for stopping by Mountain Musings! I enjoyed reading your favorites list. The high school bible stood out to me because mine from hs is a favorite too with the name of the couple who gave it to me and my graduation date written in the front. I'll always treasure it.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Beautiful list - I really liked the one about being able to visit your parents. I never realized how much I missed that until I moved closer to my hometown again. It is such a blessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Nothing like a change of scenery
Life at a standstill
Commitment to Loveliness
Caribou Camp
View from a frozen lake
Caribou Hunting by the Numbers!
Family pics from caribou camp
We're back!
A Change of Plans...
This week's "Commitment to Loveliness"

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: