Saturday, April 28, 2007

My first new habit to start on this week is doing the dishes immediately after each meal, no matter how few or how many dishes need to be done. I find it too easy to lump breakfast dishes in with lunch dishes, which in turn, get lumped in with the supper dishes, and then there's the midnight snack dishes. It's way too overwhelming. You don't want to see my kitchen counter right now - actually you probably can't see my kitchen counter right now...

The second habit I'd like to work on this week is starting and using a "tickler" file. It's basically having a calendar in file folder format. You have a box or drawer with 12 hanging file folders in it, labelled for each month. Then you have regular file folders numbered 1-31 for the days of each month. As you go through your paperwork and bills you simply slip the papers into the appropriate date file according to when you need to have the bill paid or paper dealt with etc. Right now I have a pile of paper beside my computer that I rummage through every other day or so. Oh so effective! :p

Previous habits in the making:
Keeping the dining room table clear and presented nicely ~ one word - abysmal!
Getting up with my husband each morning ~ getting better all the time

Check out The Lazy Organizer for more S.M.A.R.T. Habits!

Labels:


posted at 1:46 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Our Peculiar Life said...

Those sound like great habits! Have a wonderful week!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger An Ordinary Mom said...

I have never heard of a "tickler" file, but it sounds fascinating. I would be curious to see how it works out for you.

Good luck this week with both of your habits!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Montserrat said...

The tickler file sounds interesting. I remember doing something similar years ago but it was for cleaning and maintenance of our house. I'd forgotten about how effective it was until reading your post. I think I'll have to go rummage through storage and see if I can find it again. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
A Tale of Two Goldfish
WFMW - Cleaning the Microwave
Scrubbing Bubbles update...
I can't resist a Jane Austen heroine quiz!
Let's Get Real Monday - "The Outfit"
One thing leads to another...
Well, my goal from last week was accomplished in p...
Cleaning and Organizing
We have been enjoying my DH being on paternal leav...
My first Japanese craft books!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: