Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Our house in progress...
Here are some recent photos of our log house.


Here's the front of the house. The logs will eventually be sanded and stained the same colour as the front door. You can also see our "practice cabin" in the background.



This photo is looking up at the roof from the ground floor. The loft covers about 2/3 of the area above the main floor. Dwayne has just started insulating, hence the pink!



This is on the ground floor. The framing is for the only walls in the house - the bathroom walls.

Labels: ,


posted at 7:40 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Laura A. said...

wow!!!
How exciting - the place will be great once it is finished, it already looks beautiful!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hi - you left a comment on my blog (churchyear.blogspot.com) asking where I grew up. I couldn't find an email for you, so I thought I'd just leave a comment answering on your blog - I grew up in Hay River, on the Great Slave Lake (bit northwest from you). We were up there for six years, while my parents worked on a Bible translation project. I have great memories of living in a log cabin - not a six-sided one, though! :D

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Scrubbing Bubbles...
Hendrik and Riley's first stroller ride together
Favourite Things
Nothing like a change of scenery
Life at a standstill
Commitment to Loveliness
Caribou Camp
View from a frozen lake
Caribou Hunting by the Numbers!
Family pics from caribou camp

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: