Wednesday, April 25, 2007
WFMW - Cleaning the Microwave

Around our house not everything that goes into the microwave gets covered up. As a result I sometimes open the microwave and marvel at how much food is splattered on the inside.

Instead of scrubbing until my elbow hurts, I partially fill a glass Pyrex measuring cup (I think mine holds about 2L) with water and add about 1/2 cup of vinegar. I put it in the microwave uncovered and cook on high for about 5 minutes. I let it sit in there for another 5-10 minutes and then simply wipe the inside of the microwave clean. The steam helps to loosen the food particles and the vinegar acts as a cleaner and deodorizer. It works for me!

Check out other WFMW tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

Labels:


posted at 12:03 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Great tip! I'm gonna try this. The boys often leave explosive evidence whenever they use the microwave. :)

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Our Peculiar Life said...

I do the same thing, but with lemon juice instead of vinegar! Now I know what to use if I run out - Thanks! :-)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Amy said...

A timely tip for me... I just exploded an egg in my microwave a little while ago while making breakfast for my DD! Luckily, it wipes out pretty easily when it's fresh. Next time I get some stuck-on food, I'll remember this tip.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

I am definetly trying this one!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

I am definetly trying this one. Thanks

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rona's Home Page said...

Great tip. I was just telling our teen that I make a mental note to clean the microwave on Mondays. It sure does need to a weekly cleaning.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Great tip! I need to try it today.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I have read this a few times on wfmw. Now all I need to do is get off my behind and actually give it a try. Thanks for reminding me again about this great tip!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

That is such a great idea. I knew vinegar worked great for cleaning a coffee pot but hadn't heard of this. I'm definitely trying this one out. Oh and did you know that boiling vinegar & water in a frying pan can help clean up stuff hard to get off like after you cook eggs & don't clean it right away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Scrubbing Bubbles update...
I can't resist a Jane Austen heroine quiz!
Let's Get Real Monday - "The Outfit"
One thing leads to another...
Well, my goal from last week was accomplished in p...
Cleaning and Organizing
We have been enjoying my DH being on paternal leav...
My first Japanese craft books!
Works-For-Me Wednesday ~ Bathing babies
Our house in progress...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: