Saturday, May 05, 2007
I was feeling really stressed and depressed tonight by the lack of organization in our home right now. It's almost crippling me. I see so much that needs to be done but don't know where to start. Lying in bed I started to feel very sorry for myself. Then this verse from the hymn "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" came to mind:

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer:
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our ev'ry weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.


I have been trying to do too much on my own strength and it is finally taking its toll.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
1 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NIV)

Wow. I don't think I'm at "delighting" yet but I'll work on it. :)

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 (NIV)

Labels: ,


posted at 11:58 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Today is the day. I can't stand the laundry back...
Potty training tips anyone?
This week's new habits are going to be:Not startin...
A great day for ducks
Works for Me Wednesday - Cake Decorating Made Easy...
Girls' Night
LUSH!
I remember Nan...
My first new habit to start on this week is doing ...
A Tale of Two Goldfish

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: