Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Girls' Night
Last night I hosted a bit of a girls' night at our house. I spotted the first nice batch of strawberries at the grocery store yesterday morning and that put me in the mood for strawberry shortcake. I was already in the mood for watching a Jane Austen movie as I had got A&E's version of "Emma" in the mail the day before. Those two things combined = girl's night.
I called up my Mom, my sister who lives in town, my aunt, and a couple of friends. My husband took the little guy to the shop to "fix". We girls piled into the living, cozied up on the couch, chair and floor with assorted blankets and pillows and settled in to be entertained.

I should add though that boys didn't get left out either. We arranged to have our strawberry shortcake before the movie so my husband, my dad, and the little guy could all have some too!

Also, our strawberry shortcake had much more whipped cream than the one in this photo does - you might as well go for the gusto. It's spring after all! :)

Labels:


posted at 8:34 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
LUSH!
I remember Nan...
My first new habit to start on this week is doing ...
A Tale of Two Goldfish
WFMW - Cleaning the Microwave
Scrubbing Bubbles update...
I can't resist a Jane Austen heroine quiz!
Let's Get Real Monday - "The Outfit"
One thing leads to another...
Well, my goal from last week was accomplished in p...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: