Wednesday, May 23, 2007
My first "fulling" project
I recently signed up with Swap-Bot to challenge myself to be a little more crafty. Here is my first "fulling" project. Fulling involves taking a piece of already knitted wool and washing it in hot water and drying it in the dryer. This causes the fabric to pull together into a tighter, more dense material.

We've all done this by accident, shrinking our favourite sweater by mistake, but in this case it was all done on purpose! :) What you are left with is essentially a thicker wool fabric than what you started with that will not unravel.

The swap I participated in was a felted sweater swap and we were challenged to create something, anything we wished from the fulled sweater. I chose to create a asymmetrical clutch purse.

Here are some pictures of my project:

Labels:


posted at 4:36 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Works-For-Me Wednesday
Victoria Day Weekend
Hendrik's First Haircut
Emergency Cleaning
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday
Suckered by the pink packaging...
In our house we like our Coke and Diet Coke and ha...
Fabric yo-yo bracelet
I was tagged for this meme by Elizabeth at A Merry...
Paint roller tip

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: