Saturday, May 26, 2007
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday
This week's new habit is going to be:

Not drinking soft drinks. This is a tough one for me. I love my Coke! I plan on cutting it out cold turkey and then only having it very occasionally as a treat. I think I'm going to start making solar tea so that I still have something refreshing but I cut out all the excess sugar. I could drink diet soda but it's just not the same. I'd rather not drink any at all.

HABITS IN PROGRESS:

Putting all papers/receipts/etc in one place in the house and only one place. ~ Great! I just have to sort/file all the paperwork now.

Writing one "real" letter per week - In progress. :)

Emptying the car completely after each trip - Great! Down pat.

Putting clean laundry away ~ I need to work extra dilligently on this one this week.

Hobbies ~ I have been doing some sewing/crafting and am formulating projects and ideas almost daily.

Drinking more water ~ Getting a little better. Cutting out soda this week should help.

Exercise ~ Big fat zero.

Tickler File ~ There is still a large pile of paper beside the file waiting to be sorted. :)

Doing the dishes immediately after each meal ~ Most days this week.

Having lunch ready each day when DH gets home ~ Habit.

Keeping the dining table clear and presented nicely ~ Buried again. I am sorting out cupboards and it is the largest surface that is mostly out of toddler reach.

Getting up with my husband each morning ~ Not once this week. Need to make strong effort here. It makes a huge difference to my mood and thought processes.

Visit The Lazy Organizer to add your S.M.A.R.T. Habits or to check out others'.

Labels:


posted at 12:57 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

I liked your habit so much, I decided to do it too.

I agree that diet soda isn 't worth it. Just think how much easier it will be to drink all that water once soda is eliminated.

Be strong this week, that soda has a mighty tempting pull to it.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Montserrat said...

I hate soda, except for Barq's root beer. Soda makes me have the hiccups so I just don't drink it. I do drink chocolate milk like others drink soda, which can be bad if I'm not careful. Good luck!

I really like the habit you have listed to write one 'real' letter a week. I might use that in the future.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger An Ordinary Mom said...

Coke and Tylenol help my headaches go away. However, I also love to drink cherry coke and vanilla coke ... preferably mixed in a bar at a good restaurant.

Good thing I don't keep soda in the house :) !!

Good luck this week!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

HI, Jenny,

I replied to your question about drying peonies in the comments on my blog. Thanks for coming by.

About a year and a half ago, my DH decided we were going off Diet Coke because all the sugar sub wasn't good for us. He said he felt better for not drinking it after a while, but he was drinking the caffeinated type. I always drank decaf, and I didn't notice any difference in the way I felt, even though I was drinking a lot more water. However, after tasting Coke about 3 months later, I was repulsed. It tasted like a bunch of nasty chemicals--which it is! I don't even want Coke anymore.

Try a lemon, lime and/or orange slices in your water for some variety. And hang in there!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I never used to drink much soda but the last couple of years it has become a habit.
Like "an ordinary mom" I also drink cola when I have headaches. I find that it makes a huge difference for me as well. That won't change but the everyday drinking of the stuff will! I also have to keep it out of the house or I will drink it.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Good luck with your new habit. I think making tea is a great way to approach it. It looks like the rest of your habits are going very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Frugal Friday
Voila! Almost 5 weeks later...
Like a kid waiting for Christmas...
My first "fulling" project
Works-For-Me Wednesday
Victoria Day Weekend
Hendrik's First Haircut
Emergency Cleaning
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday
Suckered by the pink packaging...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: