Monday, May 21, 2007
Victoria Day Weekend
This past weekend was a long weekend in Canada in honour of Queen Victoria. For those who live in southern Canada this is the weekend that everyone opens up their cottages and summer homes for the season. Up north we just hope it doesn't frost. :) We lucked out in the frost department, but it was a rainy, grey weekend until Monday evening when the sun broke through and then it was beautiful!

I spent the weekend trying to get caught up on my mountains of laundry, both clean and dirty and this morning I tackled parts of the kitchen that had not seen the light of day in quite sometime.

My dear husband helped me move the stove and fridge so that I could clean underneath them and wash the walls behind them. Yikes! I think I had dust dragons instead of bunnies. There was nothing cute about it. I also found a whole slew of treasures - the bottom portion of a night light, a "P" magnet from Hendrik's Leap Frog Fridge Phonics dealie, a couple of other magnets, half a chicken finger, a tortilla chip, a tiny light bulb from my tiny Maglite, and a lot of other indistinguishable or unmentionable stuff.

I feel much better knowing that those tasks are done now. Those sort of things lurk in the back of my mind and stress me out. I don't realize how much they've been affecting me until after the job is completed. Even though I still have a stack of dishes to wash tonight my kitchen FEELS so much cleaner than it did earlier today although you would never guess that by how it appears right now. I will sleep better tonight. (Yeah, I think I'm a little OCD.)

Labels: ,


posted at 11:56 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Hendrik's First Haircut
Emergency Cleaning
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday
Suckered by the pink packaging...
In our house we like our Coke and Diet Coke and ha...
Fabric yo-yo bracelet
I was tagged for this meme by Elizabeth at A Merry...
Paint roller tip
Why I don't bake very often...
This week's new habits are going to be:Writing one...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: