Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Works for Me Wednesday - Cake Decorating Made Easy

My tip involves entertaining the kids and decorating the cake all at the same time! First, bake a whole bunch of cupcakes and make/buy some icing. Set up a table with plates of cupcakes, bags of icing (either cake bags or small sandwich bags with one of the bottom corners cut out) with decorating tips, and let the kids take over! Each child can personalize their own cupcake(s) and have as much or as little icing as they want. This also takes a little while with little hands so you have one less activity to plan for the party! It's a big hit with kids and takes the pressure off Mom. :)

Check out other WFMW tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

Labels:


posted at 8:37 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:43 PM, Blogger jenn said...

me too! me too! we do the decorate your own cupcakes it works wonders - even for my 13 yr old daughter and her friends - and we all thought it was the 2 year olds who are picky!

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anne said...

I love that idea. My DD who will be 5 in March would be thrilled with this idea - can't wait to try it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Girls' Night
LUSH!
I remember Nan...
My first new habit to start on this week is doing ...
A Tale of Two Goldfish
WFMW - Cleaning the Microwave
Scrubbing Bubbles update...
I can't resist a Jane Austen heroine quiz!
Let's Get Real Monday - "The Outfit"
One thing leads to another...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: