Monday, June 04, 2007
The Five Senses
This week's Let's Get Real Monday theme is The Five Senses - See, Hear, Smell, Taste, and Feel.

See - My almost 6 month old baby girl rolling over by herself for the very first time on Friday.

Hear - My 2 year old talking more and more and imitating words, expressions and tones of voices. My favourite of the weekend was him quoting his Uncle Andrew Sunday afternoon, "No man!"

Smell - Freshly cut grass. I mowed the dandelion jungle lawn Sunday evening. I love mowing the lawn. Really. I do. :) Our riding mower is across the river at a friend's cabin so I borrowed my dad's push mower. It was a little nostalgic for me as I used the same lawn mower to mow our family's lawn when I was a teenager!

Taste - The delicious dessert spread my husband and I got to sample Sunday night. We had a little date and went to a fundraising event called "Just Desserts". I skipped supper and just went straight for a pile of desserts. Mmmnn!

Feel - Dirt on my face, my feet, in my hair, and under my fingernails. Hendrik and I started weeding our community garden plot on Saturday afternoon.

Head over to Randi's blog for more Let's Get Real Monday links.

Labels:


posted at 12:36 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 6:42 AM, Blogger The Woman said...

Real enough for me! :o)

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous randi said...

It is so sweet to see babies roll over for the first time. I always loved the effort exerted to do it! Very cute!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger mommy to four j's said...

Sounds like you had a fun and yummy weekend thanks for sharing. Char

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger SingForHim said...

My husband would have a heart attack if he came home, and I had mowed the grass! Great to hear about your kids' milestones!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Susie said...

How fun was that: Skipping dinner and having just dessert!!
yum!!
:)

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend...where's the all dessert fundraiser in my community? I'm feeling gipped here:) LOL!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Ah, congrats on your little one turning over! and aren't wee ones talking fun? Our family gets quite tickled at our 3 y.o. Thumbs up on dessert first - lol!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Morning Glory said...

Great descriptions! The best was the baby rolling over for the first time. So sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - June 2, 2007
What 4 a.m. looks like...
Frugal Friday
Garden plots
I survived Day 1
I'm not usually the betting kind...
Lentil Soup
Works-For-Me Wednesday
What a glorious day!
Frazzled

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: