Friday, June 15, 2007
Frugal Friday - Lentil Soup

I posted on this soup a few weeks ago but didn't share it as part of Frugal Fridays. This soup is so quick to make, tasty, nutricious and very economical. The ingredients in the recipe are common to most households. All I had to purchase extra was the lentils. For less than $2.00 per bag I have made the soup 3 times. I have been mixing 2 kinds of lentils together for variety and colour. Each batch has lasted us for at least 2 meals (3 people).

Here is the text of my original post:

This past week we have been eating a lot of lentil soup. I found a recipe on the Martha Stewart website that looked interesting and gave it a try. It was so simple to put together and is it ever good! Dwayne liked it so much that we've made it 3 times in the past week. Here's the link if you want to try it for yourself: Lentil Soup. I've made it both with and without the wine vinegar and it's lovely both ways. Hubs and I both think we've lost weight as a result of the soup too. It's a good thing... ;)



Check out Crystal's blog for other Frugal Friday tips!

posted at 12:57 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

I love lentils-the kiddos aren't as keen on them though.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

Looks yummy! Lentils are my next thing to try. I have mastered Split pea soup, refried beans & chilie all from dry beans.

Just noticed you have my link on your page. How kind of you!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Ewokgirl said...

Thanks for the link and recipe review! I like lentils. I don't know if my hubby is as keen on them, but I'd like to try this soup. We need to eat more meatless meals anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Attaining Fitness
You can't outsmart a 2 year old for long...
Buns of Steel
Works-For-Me Wednesday - June 13th edition
Lots and lots of babies!!!
My new look!
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - June 09/07
A little sewing project
3:30 a.m.
Pitiful!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: