Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Migraine home remedies? ~ Update
The past day or so I have had the worst migraine. Hence the lack of blogging. I can't take any of the regular migraine medication because of still breastfeeding our 6 month old. I'm left with ibuprofen which ever so slightly dulls the headache.

Any safe or natural suggestions out there?

I'm thankful I haven't had many migraines over the past couple of years as being pregnant seems to be a temporary cure for me, but it is so difficult to have a migraine and look after little ones. Normally once I go to bed for the night I sleep soundly for the duration but for some reason my body woke me up at 4 a.m. and I'm having trouble falling back to sleep. At this point I'm willing to try just about anything.

Shortly after I woke up this morning with the same migraine it started to rain. Within about half and hour of the rain, my headache was gone. I didn't realise that there was rain in the forecast. I can predict the weather by my migraines, but seeing as it has been so long since I've had one I'd forgotten about the only useful part of having a migraine.

Please see the comments section of this post for some reader suggestions. Thanks! :)

Labels: ,


posted at 4:33 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Bean said...

Here's a website with some great info:

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/migraine-meds.html

hope you're feeling better soon! ;)

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i came here via WFMW -- but then i saw this post and had to check it out. i get migraines (also happen like clockwork when rain is coming!), and although i don't have any home remedies that really take the pain away, i have a few tricks (you might also have used these) that help ease the pain.
something cold on my forehead really helps (others have said heat works better for them). for nausea i like peppermint gum, or 7up, ginger tea or ginger ale, or there's an OTC anti-nausea syrup called Emetrol i'll use for a last resort.
and my last non-drug home treatment is just to distract myself as best i can - a few things i can do in the dark are crocheting, reading by a dim light, watching a movie w/the volume turned way down...
hopefully something in here helps. glad your migraine is gone now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - Habit List
Swap goodies to go
Frugal Friday - Lentil Soup
Attaining Fitness
You can't outsmart a 2 year old for long...
Buns of Steel
Works-For-Me Wednesday - June 13th edition
Lots and lots of babies!!!
My new look!
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - June 09/07

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: