Saturday, June 02, 2007
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - June 2, 2007
Planning meals for the whole month once each month. Our grocery store has discount days the first Tuesday and Wednesday of every month. In addition to any in store sales going on you also get 10% off. Also, for each $100.00 you spend you get a coupon for $2.50 to be used in the dry goods side of the store. Not too shabby. I want to plan meals for a month in advance to cut down on grocery costs and trips to the store. Obviously milk and produce will have to be picked up on an as needed basis but staples and meats can be bought well in advance. Planning ahead will also help keep us on track in regards to eating healthy food. We're much more likely to snack on junk food or order take out when we have nothing planned and neither of us feels like cooking.

HABITS IN PROGRESS:

Not drinking soft drinks - This went much better than I had imagined it would. I really didn't miss Coke as much as I thought I would. I did have it twice this week though because I was trying to get rid of a persistant headache.

Putting all papers/receipts/etc in one place in the house and only one place. - Great! Still have to file it all though.

Writing one "real" letter per week - In progress. :)

Emptying the car completely after each trip - Habit.

Putting clean laundry away - Getting better.

Hobbies - Lots of thinking about crafting this week but I was sick so I didn't actually get much done.

Drinking more water - Much better. So far less soda pop = more water

Exercise - Big fat zero.

Tickler File - There is still a large pile of paper beside the file waiting to be sorted. :)

Doing the dishes immediately after each meal - Most days this week.

Having lunch ready each day when DH gets home - Habit.

Keeping the dining table clear and presented nicely - Coming out of hiding once again. Maybe we'll get to eat on it this week. ;)

Getting up with my husband each morning - Not once this week. Need to make strong effort here. It makes a huge difference to my mood and thought processes.

Visit The Lazy Organizer to add your S.M.A.R.T. Habits or to check out others'.

posted at 1:01 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

I would love to see some of the meals you plan.

Another nice thing about doing this, is it increases your options. If you don't feel like cooking what you've planned for that night, you still have everything you need to make any of the other meals.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Tirzah said...

Meal planning is great! I don't like to go grocery shopping, so I plan for two weeks at a time. The thing that keeps it working for me is that I don't decide which days we are going to eat what. We decide that on the day of, based on what we are in the mood for. Good luck this week!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

This is something I need to work on also, though I may start on bi-weekly planning. Here's a link that I found to help tackle this task. It has menus, recipes & shopping lists. http://www.menus4moms.com/ Good luck this week!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger An Ordinary Mom said...

Look at you go! Much progress is being made across the board.

I drink Coke for headaches, too, but thankfully they haven't been as bad lately.

Good luck with meal planning. It really does help cut down on grocery costs.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

I couldn't survive without a menu or my girls' help with cooking. Sounds like you have a good plan of attack that will help you save money to boot!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Robin@MyPursuitOf... said...

Weekly menu planning has really helped me. Monthly would have it's advantages too.

Have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
What 4 a.m. looks like...
Frugal Friday
Garden plots
I survived Day 1
I'm not usually the betting kind...
Lentil Soup
Works-For-Me Wednesday
What a glorious day!
Frazzled
Today's Tasks

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: