Saturday, June 30, 2007
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - Scanning photos
We are in the midst of forest fire season where we live and I don't like the thought of possibly having to leave town in a hurry without being able to take all of my photos with me. Most of the pictures we have from the last 4 years are digital ones and just need to be burned to CD. However, we have a lot of other photos loose or in albums. I've decided to spend 15 minutes a day this summer scanning our non-digital photos. That way they're backed up and I can burn everything to CD so if we ever do have to leave in a hurry, and I truly hope we don't, at least it will be as simple as grabbing a small stack of CDs instead of boxes of albums and photos.

The rest of my habits have kind of taken a hit lately with me not feeling great lately as I'm pregnant again and having a toddler who was quite ill this week. Hopefully there will be improvement this week! I don't think it can get worse! ;)

HABITS IN PROGRESS:

Planning meals for the whole month once each month. - Not so much.

Not drinking soft drinks - A little better.

Putting all papers/receipts/etc in one place in the house and only one place. - Wild laughter.

Writing one "real" letter per week - Still not mailed.

Emptying the car completely after each trip - Was doing great, have backslid a bit this week.

Putting clean laundry away - Getting much better.

Hobbies - Nothing this week.

Drinking more water - Doing a little better.

Exercise - More maniacal laughter.

Tickler File - Needs to be updated.

Doing the dishes immediately after each meal - Nope.

Having lunch ready each day when DH gets home

Keeping the dining table clear and presented nicely - Finally clear!

Getting up with my husband each morning - Needs major work.

Visit Lara at The Lazy Organizer to add your S.M.A.R.T. Habits or to check out others'.

Labels:


posted at 1:34 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

What a fantastic idea! I've always wondered what I would do about all my photos, and my scrapbooks! Oh my. I've got all my digital photos on my computer but need to put them on a removable storage, I've been thinking of getting one of those flashstick things because they have so much more storage & are smaller. Scanning photos is a great idea, I think I'll start doing that soon.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Make sure you're getting water and rest - most important habits for you. :)

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger The Lazy Organizer said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! You know when you're pregnant, bending down to put your shoes on counts as exercise. Not just at the end either but the entire nine months. At least that's what Lara's Law states.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Slava Bogu said...

Fabulous habit! I am in the midst of trying to burn pictures to CD's myself, and my next goal will be to burn the DVR tapes to DVDs. Those images are truly things that can't be replaced. Good luck!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Christine Rockwell said...

GREAT IDEA! And totally doable time frame! I have been thinking the same thing lately about having so many pictures just laying around and how nice it would be to have them all totally accessable, and PORTABLE! Good luck and have a SMART week!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Deb said...

A great list ~ I see several things I could work on!
Debbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Frugal Fridays - Homemade cleaners
Friday's Feast - Feast One Hundred & Fifty
Finishing School for Ladies
Fifth disease or "slapped cheek disease"
Sick day
Sometimes you just have to bawl your eyes out...
WFMW - Diaper bag supply basket
Our lives just got a little more interesting!
Hooray!
After pictures

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: