Wednesday, June 27, 2007
WFMW - Diaper bag supply basket
I don't know about you but I have not found a diaper that I like. Nothing that I would enjoy carrying around. I also nurse my babies so I don't need the gazillion bottle pockets. I prefer to carry a large purse or fun handbag that allows me to keep with the styles I like to wear and that doesn't shout - "Diapers in here!" This means I switch bags a fair amount. (The thought of having to carry around a traditional diaper bag was the thing that I was looking forward to the least once we started having kids. The dirty diapers were a more appealing thought. :p)

What I like to do to make this less complicated is to keep a basket on the dryer in our entrance way. When I get home I empty out the miscellaneous small items into the basket - travel wipes, alcohol-based water free hand wash, small toys, teething tablets, lip balm, extra socks, little containers of Cheerios or crackers, etc into the basket. Then, the next time I go out I can pretty much dump the contents of the basket into the next handbag/purse and simply toss in the extra diaper or two that I might need and the appropriate extra change of clothes for the baby. Works for me baby!!

Check out other tips at Rock in My Dryer.

Labels:


posted at 12:41 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

That is a great, organised idea.

Organising Queen blog and
Take Charge blog

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Emily said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger mommy zabs said...

What an excellent idea. I do this for my pool bag but somehow did not think of the diaper bag. I'm going to do this! Also, as far as bags, I love the skip hop bags. It is easy find one of them that look good on daddy too. We have a grey one so that we both are okay taking it. It also has an alternate handle that snaps on to adapt to stroller riding.
-mommyzabs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Our lives just got a little more interesting!
Hooray!
After pictures
Riley's Official First Day of Independent Sitting!...
Some big boots to fill...
A new approach...
Attaining Fitness - Try something new this week!
WFMW - Quick & Delicious Tea Biscuits
Migraine home remedies? ~ Update
S.M.A.R.T. Habits Saturday - Habit List

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: