Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Christmas in July - Favourite Christmas Music

In our family music has always played very largely into our Christmas celebrations. Each year we would beg our mom to let us listen to Christmas music starting in October or so. Usually we would end up waiting until December 1st, or the odd time the end of November if Mom was feeling particularly festive.

Here are some of my favourites:
What Child Is This?
Good Christian Men Rejoice
O Come All Ye Faithful
Let It Snow
Winter Wonderland
White Christmas
Over the River and Through the Woods
The Coventry Carol
Gabriel's Message

A few Christmases ago my family got me the "Merry Christmas Songbook" published by Reader's Digest. A whole huge book of piano/guitar/vocal music devoted just to Christmas songs. So much fun!

Last winter my favourite Christmas album was "Christmas Songs" by Diana Krall. Every time I would play this CD my then almost 2 year old would come up to me and ask if we could dance. It's great! :)

What are some of your favourites? Please leave a comment and/or a link to your Christmas in July post if you are playing along on your blog.

Labels:


posted at 1:31 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm going to play along. I just have to think. My brain is so far away from Christmas.
Thanks for the good reminder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Christmas in July
Found!
Frugal Friday - Exploring Yearly Store Memberships...
Sleeping like a baby...
Raspberry goodness!
WFMW - Important Documents
So tired lately!
Feelin' the love
Goodbye Old Friend
Riley tries rice cereal!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: