Wednesday, July 11, 2007
WFMW - Important Documents
After one too many hunting expeditions for assorted important papers - passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, health & dental insurance info, car insurance, etc., I decided to put all the current documents in one place, in one file. I bought a plastic file holder and put all the papers inside and I keep it on top of my fridge. I never use the cupboards up there anyway so it's not in my way and it's easy to access those infrequently used yet need-to-be-found-quickly type of documents.

Here is what my folder looks like:


Check out Rocks In My Dryer for other Works-For-Me Wednesday tips and tricks!

Labels:


posted at 1:50 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

Good idea. I also keep my appliance manuals in the kitchen - that's where they're used, right?! :)

Organising Queen blog and
Take Charge blog

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger mistihollrah said...

I have a file folder just like that-it holds copies of my four children's immunization records, their birth certificates, current pictures, etc. It's in my bag that I carry everywhere I go...they play soccer & dance & there have been times that someone has wanted to verify their date of birth & it's right with me!

I keep the orginals in a fire proof box & I also have a scanned copy of everything on my computer in a file for each kiddo! That a way if I need a printed copy, it's easy to print it off!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger msmith said...

Great idea! I can't tell you how often we spend loads of time looking for these things- and their filed. Filed under what heading is the question. Hmmm. Thanks for commenting on my site- I love readers. Congratulations on the new life!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

That is an awesome idea. I will have to do that soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
So tired lately!
Feelin' the love
Goodbye Old Friend
Riley tries rice cereal!
Hula Hoop Lessons with Aunty Lindsey
Schedule revisted
One last swap project
Menu Plan Monday - July 02 to July 08
Log house update
Happy Canada Day!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: