Thursday, August 16, 2007
Back from Ontario
Well, we are home! It was a good week but a busy one. We crammed a lot of activities and kilometers into a short amount of time. I have started posting a lot of the photos on our family photo blog Our Adventures.

Thankfully my grandfather is doing much better than expected for the time being. Almost the entire extended family was able to fly/drive in to town to celebrate his 75th birthday last Wednesday. It was wonderful. However, a day or so later we found out that Grandpa now has leukemia as well (a complication of his condition) and my grandma, mom and he were going to the city today to the cancer hospital to see what treatment might be available for him. I don't think treating it will cure the underlying condition though. I hope to find out more tomorrow when I talk with my mom.

Dwayne made great progress on our house while we were away and I am so excited about how things are taking shape. I will try to add some of those photos in the next day or so. Now I have to start thinking about things like kitchen layouts and paint colours and the like.

I am trying to unpack, get caught up on laundry, get things in the mail, sort out upcoming medical travel, etc. Lots of busy work. I'm looking forward to sitting and putting my feet up with a book. It probably won't happen for a few days but when it does it will be lovely!

Labels: , ,


posted at 12:26 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Welcome Back Jenny! :) I know laundry is always a bear in our house when we get back from vacations... good luck getting everything back in order!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

Good to hear from you! Hopefully your house is back in order.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
We have a giveaway winner!
Bloggy Hiatus
Christmas in July - Dinner Menu
Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway!
Christmas in July - Favourite Christmas Music
Christmas in July
Found!
Frugal Friday - Exploring Yearly Store Memberships...
Sleeping like a baby...
Raspberry goodness!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: