Monday, August 20, 2007
Getting there...
Well, I am almost caught up on the unpacking and laundry. Some friends came from out of town for the weekend so we spent a fair bit of time visiting with them. A much happier alternative to housework! We don't get to see these friends very often - maybe once a year or so, so it was really great to get to spend so much time with them. They were staying with other friends of ours and so we all got together for meals a couple of nights. All of the couples have kids so we had one 4 year old, three 2 year olds, and a baby. Get this - not a single fight or crying about one another amongst the group of them for the whole weekend. I was amazed. The kids had a blast. The adults had a blast. What more can I say?

Poor Riley is still working on getting her second tooth. The first one came in while we Ontario, about a week and a half ago. I hope it comes soon. She's normally such a happy little soul and lately she's been so fussy and sore. :(

Hendrik is my little helper/sidekick as usual. He helped me make pumpkin muffins today and is always keen to help me start the washing machine or load clothes into the dryer. He's in that stage where the answer to everything is "NO!" but aside from that and some selective hearing issues he is a delightful little boy. I feel bad that I haven't been playing with him as much lately as I have been busy trying to get the house in order. I'm trying to do most of the cleaning etc while he is napping - partly so I can play with him and partly because it goes a lot faster if you aren't keeping one eye on a curious toddler. :)

I have to get some more organizing done around here. Paper is my nemisis. I have piles of it. I tend to hang on to papers "just in case" when in reality I don't need them at all. The paper monster also extends to books and magazines. Because we live in a remote area without a huge library nearby our family (my dad, sisters, me, occasionally my mom) tend to stock pile books. This means I have stacks of books everywhere and rarely have time to read them. I think I have 7 boxes of books right now that I don't have space for on shelves plus 3 bookshelves full and several stacks of books in various rooms. I bought magazine holders while I was out in hopes of at least getting those under control. I try to limit the amount of books and magazines I buy to those that I will read again or use for reference. That still seems to add up to a lot! In any case, I am making progress - buying less and getting rid of more.

I've decided that I need to tackle my clothes as well. I have a pile of non-maternity clothing that I have been hanging onto for several years for when I'm not pregnant and/or nursing. With me, that hasn't happened yet. I've decided to be ruthless and purge my closet as most of the clothes will be out of style by the time I will fit into them again or when they will be practical to wear.

Wish me luck!

Labels:


posted at 11:23 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I too am trying to buy less and get rid of more. Great saying!
Good luck with being ruthless in the closet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Back from Ontario
We have a giveaway winner!
Bloggy Hiatus
Christmas in July - Dinner Menu
Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway!
Christmas in July - Favourite Christmas Music
Christmas in July
Found!
Frugal Friday - Exploring Yearly Store Memberships...
Sleeping like a baby...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: