Thursday, August 23, 2007
Henna
I have had hair henna from LUSH sitting around my apartment for at least a couple of months now. I finally got around to doing a strand test this afternoon. I hate doing them and usually skip them altogether but after trying to dye my hair the last time I was pregnant I decided to put up with the inconvenience.

When I was pregnant with Riley I wanted to dye my hair a really nice, rich dark brown. However, it turned out blonder than when I had started. The colour looked fine on me but it was not what I had wanted or expected. Pregnancy hormones!!! This time I thought I would try a more natural route and see what happens.

For the strand test I wrapped the test section in plastic wrap. According to the directions this makes for a redder result. Leaving your hair exposed results in a browner result. I am aiming for browner but wanted to see what would happen the other route and I also wanted to protect the surrounding hair in case the colour was a no go. The wrapped section turned out a nice bright auburny shade. I am hoping that unwrapped I will get a deeper shade. I am going to dye all of my hair tonight and find out!

Here is a before picture of my messy, partially highlighted hair. (Partly due to highlights put in in March and partly due to Ontario sun a couple of weeks ago.)

Labels:


posted at 3:47 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
This is August???
My kitchen to be!
Getting there...
Back from Ontario
We have a giveaway winner!
Bloggy Hiatus
Christmas in July - Dinner Menu
Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway!
Christmas in July - Favourite Christmas Music
Christmas in July

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: