Sunday, September 30, 2007
Busy, busy, busy!
Friday evening my parents-in-law arrived, as well as an aunt and 2 uncles from my husband's father's side of the family. The aunt and uncles are only in town for a couple of day so we had to squeeze in all that we could in that time frame. They toured around town a bit, took a tour of our house in progress, viewed a couple of the sets of rapids nearby, visited the Salt Plains in Wood Buffalo National Park and Saturday night we had a birthday party for Dwayne's aunt who turned 65. They leave us tomorrow to go on to Yellowknife for a couple of days before returning to Ontario and British Columbia. Dwayne's parents are staying on for almost another week so we will have plenty of more time to visit with them.

We are having and early Thanksgiving dinner after church as Dwayne's parents will be done by Canadian Thanksgiving and my mom will be Ontario visiting her ailing father. Hooray for turkey dinners any time of year! :)

Thankfully, Dwayne has the next 3 weeks off so we will be able to have a good visit with his parents and also have some time to work on finishing the house once they've gone home.

I better go and run the dishwasher so we'll be ready for the gang coming over breakfast in the morning before they hit the road. Then I'll run it again while we're at church so we're ready for our big turkey dinner at lunchtime. Laundry and dishes never end...

I'm afraid that I don't have anything witty or funny to report as of yet but I'm sure there will be a story or two to be told before the week is out.

I better get cracking. I also need to read a few more pages in "Lady Susan" for an online book club that I am supposed to be participating in. I am also hoping to get some sewing done once things have settled down around here in a few days.

Labels:


posted at 12:01 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Great big beetle
Works For Me Wednesday - September 26, 2007.
Ikea is a happy place
Napping, napping, and napping some more.
It's getting close to that time again...
Home again, home again, jiggety, jig! or We brough...
Murphy's Law
Meme
facebook
Pregnancy & migraine relief

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: