Wednesday, September 12, 2007
facebook
I don't know about you but I am hooked on facebook! I have found so many friends and family members that I had no way of locating before and many of which I hadn't had contact with for years. From childhood friends to former co-workers to extended family and community friends. It's great! It's nice to be able to "see" everyone in one place and to catch up on their news and latest adventures.

I discovered early on to keep my profile accessible only to my approved friends as I did have one person pretending to know myself and my sisters. We quickly called his bluff though and blocked him from contacting us further. One of the blessings of growing up in a small town - if someone says that they went to high school with you and you don't remember them and neither do your siblings or classmates, odds are they were never even in your town. When there are 30 people at most in a graduating class you don't forget names or faces easily!

I am having to really watch the amount of time I spend on facebook as it is so easy to spend a lot of time "visiting" instead of getting things done around the house. (A lot of people call it "crackbook" because it can be very addicting!)

Oh! I just thought of a few more people to look up...see what I mean???

What do you think of the facebook phenomenon?

Labels: ,


posted at 12:19 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I know what you mean - I have found some people that disappeared out of my life - I'm limiting my time there!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

It is fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Pregnancy & migraine relief
Universal remote control
Aragorn & Arwen
Power cleaning
I am so excited!
A Commitment to Loveliness
An interesting read
Comfort food
Hendrik's favourite spot
The chinking is done too!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: