Thursday, September 27, 2007
Great big beetle
Last night we were out showing some out of town friends our house in progress. As we were getting ready to leave Hendrik noticed a big beetle on the ground by the light the headlights gave off. He of course wanted to touch it and hold it. I didn't know if it would bite him or not so I put aside my squeamishness and let the beetle crawl onto my hand. It didn't bite or try to run/fly away so I let Hendrik hold it. He loved it. He let it crawl on his hand and then he held it between his finger and thumb so it was less likely to fall back down onto the ground. Our friends were fairly freaked out by this and eventually the dad in the family picked up the beetle and tossed it under our boat and said, "Goodnight" to the bug on behalf of his grossed out adult daughters. Kind of funny. The things you'll do for your kids...

Labels: ,


posted at 12:03 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

What bravery!!! I am impressed, and I am inspired. Perhaps someday I will be brave enough to let a bug crawl in my hand. Doubtful, but a possibility still :)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks Lauren Christine. :) Normally I wouldn't voluntarily do it either but if someone else is afraid I can be a lot braver or if I need to see if it's safe for the kids I can be brave too. Otherwise, I wouldn't be walking around with a giant beetle in my hand for fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Works For Me Wednesday - September 26, 2007.
Ikea is a happy place
Napping, napping, and napping some more.
It's getting close to that time again...
Home again, home again, jiggety, jig! or We brough...
Murphy's Law
Meme
facebook
Pregnancy & migraine relief
Universal remote control

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: