Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Henna before and after...FINALLY.
This was my before picture ---> ---> ---> --->

So a week and a half after my initial strand test I finally got around to henna-ing my whole head of hair. It was a warm, fairly messy process but not so bad that I wouldn't try it again. I loved that I didn't have to breathe in harsh chemical smells. I left the henna on for about 2 hours and then rinsed it out. I didn't wrap my head with plastic wrap as I wanted a browner tone to my hair. I am quite pleased with the result and I think next time I will try a darker shade with more brown in it.

When I was about halfway through the application process Hendrik decided that he didn't want to be napping anymore and got out of bed to come and find me. You should have seen the look on his face! He was stunned and puzzled and perhaps a little afraid... He said, "Dirty hair Mommy, dirty hair!". I had to explain that it was hair dye not dirt and that I would wash it out later on. I convinced him to go back to bed but he had to peek out a couple more times before he went back to sleep. I wish I could have caught that look on camera!

Here are the after pictures. I took one with the flash and one without so you can see the difference in colour with different lighting. Pardon the stunned, half-asleep look. I took this not long after I woke up and have no make-up on and have not done a thing with my hair. However, I had to take the pictures ASAP as both my camera batteries are pretty much dead and my camera charger is nowhere to be found. (One of my missions for today!)



(Link to first henna post)

Labels:


posted at 10:54 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Hendrik can read!
A fun quiz
Lunar eclipse
Water bomber flyby
Exercising
Midwife Visit
Henna
This is August???
My kitchen to be!
Getting there...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: