Tuesday, September 25, 2007
It's getting close to that time again...
For those of you who have been pregnant you know what I'm talking about. As soon as your pregnant belly starts to show family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers alike start putting their hands on your belly. I don't know about you but it's not my idea of a good time. You wouldn't normally walk up to a person and put your hands on their stomach, so why is it suddenly an acceptable thing to do to someone who is pregnant? I can understand that people are happy for you and maybe it's their way of connecting with your being pregnant but for me it's a very uncomfortable thing. There are very few people that I want touching my belly. Random people at the grocery store are not among them.

Then come the comments about the weight you've gained or not gained and whether or not your face looks rounder etc etc. Again, why is it suddenly acceptable to make comments about peoples' weight? Would you walk up to someone who wasn't pregnant and say, "You know, you really are looking big. You must have gained at least 10 pounds."?

I think I'm going to make a shirt that has a hand with a red circle around it with a red line crossed through it that is positioned over my belly for those days when pregnancy hormones are making me feel really persnickety. You know, like one of those no smoking or no parking signs. Or maybe even just the word "Stop."


P.S. toque = touch in Spanish

Wow, I'm a little more cranky than I realized. I guess I better schedule a nap for myself tomorrow...

Labels:


posted at 1:03 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Home again, home again, jiggety, jig! or We brough...
Murphy's Law
Meme
facebook
Pregnancy & migraine relief
Universal remote control
Aragorn & Arwen
Power cleaning
I am so excited!
A Commitment to Loveliness

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: