Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Pregnancy & migraine relief
This pregnancy has been a little rougher than usual in the headache department. With each of my other full term pregnancies I had only 1 or 2 migraines throughout the duration of the pregnancy. This time around I have had 3 migraines within 2 weeks. That's not happy math for me. At all. Basically you just have to tough it out. Much easier said than done with a 2 1/2 year old running around and a 9 month old to care for. However, I have found some relief from an unexpected source - vitamin B2.

After the first migraine lasted 3 days I contacted my midwives to see if they had any suggestions. They told me that the 15-16 week window is the worst time in pregnancy for headaches. They spoke with one of the doctors who suggested a prescription dose of vitamin B2 (also known as riboflavin) for headache prevention and decreased intensity of headache. It works. The second headache occurred only a day or so after I started taking the vitamin B2. It lasted only 2 days and wasn't nearly as severe. The next headache didn't occur for another week or so and it only lasted 1 day. Hooray!

Here's hoping that migraine #3 was the last one!!!

Another friend and fellow migraine sufferer suggested chai tea to me the other day. She had been teaching in a 3rd world country and didn't have access to her usual migraine medications but found chai tea to be very helpful.

Does anyone else have any non-medicinal suggestions?

Labels: ,


posted at 11:43 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

Oh,I hope you are feeling better. No suggestion, but will say a pray for you.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks Lynette! I am feeling much better. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Universal remote control
Aragorn & Arwen
Power cleaning
I am so excited!
A Commitment to Loveliness
An interesting read
Comfort food
Hendrik's favourite spot
The chinking is done too!
The ceilings and loft

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: