Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Universal remote control

Universal remote controls are a wonderful invention. It takes a little time to set them up but it is worth the 15 minutes. Instead of having a remote for the TV, VCR, DVD player, and stereo, you have ONE remote that controls them all. It's lovely! I had almost forgotten how convenient it had become when I let the batteries die this week and I had to go back to using 4 different remotes that all used AA batteries instead to the AAAs the universal remote uses. Those batteries are at the top of my list of things to pick up this week. I like keeping it simple.

Check out other WFMW tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

Labels:


posted at 10:38 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Zen Master said...

I wish I could find one of these that works with all my stuff. Usually it will work with the tv not the vcr or dvd or visa versa.

Maybe I just need to buy newer models of everything so they will work with the remote? *smile*

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I bought one at WalMart for 8 or 10 dollars Canadian. It's a Philips brand and seems to work with both the newer TV and DVD player as well as the older stereo and VCR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Aragorn & Arwen
Power cleaning
I am so excited!
A Commitment to Loveliness
An interesting read
Comfort food
Hendrik's favourite spot
The chinking is done too!
The ceilings and loft
Kitchen wall and stair wall

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: