Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Works For Me Wednesday - September 26, 2007.
This week I taught my two and half year old how to use the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons on our laptop.

Our son has been obsessed with caterpillars this summer and now that it has gotten cold and the caterpillars have all cocooned for the winter the only way he can "see" them is on the computer. This meant a lot of me sitting beside him to scroll the page up and down so he could see the picture of the caterpillar and then the moth it turns into.

Yesterday I figured out that he was probably able to handle knowing two keys on the keyboard. I showed him once and he had it down pat. It has made my life SO much easier. I leave the caterpillar page up for him during the day and he climbs up and looks at it whenever his little heart desires. A lot less frustrating for both of us.

For anyone who is curious this is the page we've been looking at for weeks! :) I have also bookmarked the page in our browser's "Favourites" section and labelled it "CATERPILLAR" so that it is easy for my husband or any child minders to find.

It works for me!

Check out Rocks in My Dryer for other WFMF tips!

Labels:


posted at 12:01 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

You just might have a little entomologist on your hands! How cute that he is loving this right now!

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Amy said...

My daughter has a real thing for cats. She was driving me crazy wanting to "look at cats" on the computer, so I googled "cat slideshow" and ended up with a Flickr Slideshow of cats that I could start and let her watch!

I just checked, and it works for caterpillar, too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/caterpillar/show/

Have fun!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies! :)

Thanks for the great idea for pictures Amy. Hendrik loves caterpillars of the insect AND heavy duty equipment variety so this should be perfect for him!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Ikea is a happy place
Napping, napping, and napping some more.
It's getting close to that time again...
Home again, home again, jiggety, jig! or We brough...
Murphy's Law
Meme
facebook
Pregnancy & migraine relief
Universal remote control
Aragorn & Arwen

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: