Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Fall routine
We have had a busy few weeks. We were out of town for dental appointments and to pick up supplies for building our house for about a week, then we were all sick for about a week, and then Dwayne's parents and some of his uncles and an aunt came for a visit (ranging from 2 to 5 days). Dwayne's parents leave first thing this morning and then we are back to being just the four of us. We had a lovely visit and the kids will miss their Grandma Anne and Grandpa Bob I am sure.

Now we have to settle back into some semblance of a regular routine again, whatever that looks like around here! Dwayne has the next few weeks off to work on finishing up our little log house and I hope to do some fall cleaning and some downsizing and organizing in preparation for our move.

In all honesty, I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done. I might just break down and hire someone to help me. That is a big deal for me because I like my house cleaned a certain way and things put away a certain way and well, sometimes I drive my husband nuts because of it! He says I'm like living in the fairy tale of "The Princess and The Pea". LOL! (For any of you who watch The Martha Stewart Show and caught the segment a couple of weeks back about how to make a bed - that is me.)

I want to arrange my house and our belongs in such a way that the amount of "stuff" we have is manageable. I want to easily be able to maintain and care for the things we have so that I have more time to spend playing with the kids and spending time on useful hobbies rather than constantly being picking up things and cleaning and shuffling clutter around.

I'm not sure if there's much point in coming up with some sort of fixed schedule for the next few weeks or not. I think I will try to stick with a consistent supper and bedtime routine so that it makes getting the kids to bed simpler and will leave the days free and flexible. I am going to draw up a list of the things I need to accomplish in the next little while so I can at least keep track of my tasks.

I also have a list of friends that I need to call or write to. I have been terrible lately for keeping in contact with people. Between little people and our building project, being out of town several times in the past couple of months, and feeling under the weather I am afraid I have badly neglected my friends. :(

In any case, I hope we will have a productive few weeks with Dwayne off work - he working out at our new house and I getting this one ready to move out of.

Labels: , ,


posted at 12:17 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

How exciting your log house is almost done. Will you be settled before Christmas? I'm sure it will all go well & your home will be just lovely.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks! We're hoping to move in in the next month or two. It's very exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Works For Me Wednesday - The Backwards Edition
Grouse hunting
Finding inspiration
Busy, busy, busy!
Great big beetle
Works For Me Wednesday - September 26, 2007.
Ikea is a happy place
Napping, napping, and napping some more.
It's getting close to that time again...
Home again, home again, jiggety, jig! or We brough...

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: