Monday, October 22, 2007
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
I was so excited when I woke up this morning and saw that it was snowing! I know some of you do not share an enthusiasm for snow but once it gets cold and the leaves are down you might as well have snow. It brightens things up outside and you can do stuff with snow - snowmen, forts, shovelling...

For some reason snow makes me feel productive. I think it is because our winters here are so long. From sometime in October until sometime in May there is snow on the ground. I associate winter with not only outdoor type activities like cross-country skiing and toboganning but also with indoor activities like crafting and reading and playing games and working on special projects. It has put me in a crafty mood but in order for me to do that with a clear focus I'm going to have to do some tidying up first. I need to get my paperwork under control first so I have both the room to work and the mental room as well.

I'm off to make supper, fold laundry, do dishes, and file, file, file. :)

As an aside, I found the knobs/pulls for our kitchen today at our local drug store of all places! They are the only stock they have of them and won't be getting any more and as a result they are on sale. I can get the whole lot of the colour I want for about $20.00. Not too shabby.

Labels:


posted at 6:10 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh wow. Snow. It's suppose to be 74 here today. URG! I wish we had snow weather rather than this crazy humid stuff.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm not a fan cold weather. However, I agree that if it's cold you may as well have beautiful snow! (Here in Tennessee we just get plain old cold.) I love the thought of looking out at the snow falling from inside by a fire with a cup of hot cocoa, making Christmas decorations with the kiddies.
BTW, I love love love your header! It is so beautiful I smile every time I see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Bonjour Mes Amies!
Some treasures in mail
Hendrik's Book List
7 Random Things Meme
Miss Riley pulls herself to standing!
WFMW - Table/counter basket
Fire Hall Open House
Saturday
Miss Potter
Ultrasound pictures

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: