Wednesday, October 10, 2007
WFMW - Make ahead mixes
I like to make pancake and tea biscuit recipes up without the liquid/perishable ingredients and put them into Zip-Lock bags for when we are hunting or camping. I write the liquid/perishable ingredients that need to be added, along with their quantities, on the outside of the bags. (You can also jot down the oven temperature and time needed to cook them if you need a reminder - this doesn't always apply if you are cooking over an open fire obviously!) No mess, no fuss and you can have homemade goodies on the trail without having to pack along half of your kitchen. :)

Go to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works-For-Me Wednesday tips!

Labels: ,


posted at 1:10 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Becka said...

What a great idea. We camp a lot too and although I don't make pancakes...I was just lamenting over the fact that the egg carton takes up so much room (we use them for scrambled eggs). I think next time I will crack them all and add them to small rubbermaid containers! If I chop and add the veggies, milk, and cheese they will be completely ready to cook.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous PinkJeweledCat said...

This is a really great idea. We don't camp much, but the next time we go, I'm gonna remember this. I wonder what pancakes over a coleman gas stove taste like. I bet it's yummy. I wonder if you could substitute dry milk and just add water to a pancake mix? Hmmmm. Ta for now dahling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
On a happier note...
A little stunned...
Sweet baby
Oh my!
Feeling better
Crying for no particular reason
Fall routine
Works For Me Wednesday - The Backwards Edition
Grouse hunting
Finding inspiration

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: