Wednesday, October 17, 2007
WFMW - Table/counter basket

I am forever moving things around to make space on my kitchen counter or my dining table. Usually it's the same things shuffling back and forth - bread and fruit. I found a basket that I like that is not too deep and has handles on both sides. It is large enough to hold a couple of loaves of bread and some fruit and whatever else is in the way and yet small enough to sit on the counter when I need all my table space or on the table when I need all my counter space. Now I just toss everything into the basket and move 1 item instead of several.


Check out more Works-For-Me Wednesday ideas at Rocks in My Dryer.

Labels:


posted at 11:35 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I love to use baskets to clean up clutter! I have them in the bathroom to put my "bathroom reading material" in. I also keep my chips in a large basket on top of the refrigerator. I keep my mail and papers I need to go through in a basket on my coffee table so it does not get thrown all over the place and I can go through them when I get a second. I also have a basket next to my bed with the books I am reading right now. I am looking for more things to use baskets for. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I actually just started doing this - I had too many bread products, bagels, buns, english muffins etc on the counter - I grabbed a big rectangle basket I had in my sewing room and now use it as a bread basket - corrals everything nicely - I also have a smaller one in the corner of the counter for papers.

Works for me too!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Louise said...

I love using baskets. Somehow, junk in baskets is tasteful and not tacky :-)

I like the little plastic rectangular ones, too, but inside drawers and cupboards. I much prefer the wicker/rattan baskets out where they are seen.

Thanks for sharing! I love it when blogs use photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Fire Hall Open House
Saturday
Miss Potter
Ultrasound pictures
WFMW - Make ahead mixes
On a happier note...
A little stunned...
Sweet baby
Oh my!
Feeling better

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: