Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Works-For-Me Wednesday - Colour coded laundry baskets

It seems that Shannon and I had the same idea this week! I was going to post about doing my Christmas cards well in advance this year too. In fact, my cards came in the mail yesterday and I plan on starting to address them this weekend.

In light of that, I've thought of another tip because otherwise it's just boring! Off the top of my head - colour coded laundry baskets. We do a lot of laundry in our house with a mechanic, a toddler, an infant, and a slight klutz. "Do you know where "x" is?" is often heard, along with, "Do you know if "x" is clean or not?" Instead of rummaging through one gigantic mass of laundry I came up with the idea of colour coding the laundry baskets. My husband has a beige one for dumping all of his work clothes in, my toddler has a bright orange one for his clothes, our baby girl has a white one and for now so do I until we find another fun coloured basket to use. (It's easy enough to tell hers and my clothing apart. :)) This makes it easy to find what my family is looking for. I only have to go through one basket instead of multiple ones. Now if only I could get my clean laundry pile organized and put away...

I'm also doing a laundry happy dance because my new washer/dryer unit just arrived yesterday!!! It both washes and dries the clothes in the same unit. This is what we bought. We will soon be living off the grid and on trucked water in a much smaller house so we needed something that conserved water, energy, and space. This fit the bill. You can plug it into a regular wall outlet and because of the condensation cycle of washing and drying in the same unit you don't even have to vent it to the outdoors!

Go to Rocks in My Dryer for other WFMW tips and tricks!

Labels:


posted at 12:48 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Good afternoon. I think it was you from S&S who recommended Fuzzi Bunz.I just got an email from the simple wonders where I buy them online saying they are having a sale on them. Solids 13.95 and prints 15.95. Just wanted to share in case you need some. Take care.

http://www.simplewondersdiapers.com/fuzzi-bunz.htm

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is a great idea!

I tagged you, btw, if you'd like to play along!
http://xboxwife.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-in-name.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Bonjour Mes Amies!
Some treasures in mail
Hendrik's Book List
7 Random Things Meme
Miss Riley pulls herself to standing!
WFMW - Table/counter basket
Fire Hall Open House
Saturday
Miss Potter

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: