Sunday, November 25, 2007
Brrrrrrrr!
It is pretty darn nippy outside today.

Fort Smith, NT forecast from www.weatheroffice.gc.ca

Our high for the day is supposed to be -27C! Right now with the windchill it feels like -37C (which is pretty much -40F).


We are really going to have to bundle up for church this morning and plug the car in for an hour or two before we go. When it gets this cold, it feel like your car's seats are made out of bricks. They freeze and there is no give. Your tires tend to feel a little square too. Our car's speedometer makes dreadful sounds for the first few minutes because it ices up somehow and can't keep pace with the speed the car is going.

They've changed it to a high of -22C for today but we are still sitting at -27C. I think -22C is a bit optimistic.

Labels:


posted at 12:37 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Bean said...

Brr!! My hubby loves to tell stories of when he lived in Alaska as a kid, and it would get so cold, the oil in the car would turn into a jelly like consistency, yikes!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Oh goodness!! That sounds SO cold!!! I was thinking it was getting pretty chilly here- and our low was 40 :)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I think I am going to spend as much time as possible indoors today! Going out for church this morning was enough for me. :)

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger My Inspired Heart said...

Oh! Wow! I cannot even imagine a winter like this. I'm in very southern Alabama and the low last night was like 62F..... I'd love to experience real snow at least once, though. It must be beautiful! Love your blog, too!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

Guess I won't complain of low 40's & high 60's out here in No. Calif.
Stay snuggly warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
A Christmas Classic
Pudginess, Piano and Pipe Wrenches
Progress!
Gridlock
Slowly (or not so slowly!) going crazy...
It's always Martha, Martha, Martha!
Overdoing it
An Amy Butler portfolio for the "I love Paris!" sw...
Slacking
15 minutes

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: