Sunday, November 25, 2007
A Christmas Classic
Today a group of us girls are going to get together and watch Irving Berlin's "White Christmas". It has always been popular in our family and we love to sing along with our favourite songs and laugh at the corny ones.

I was so excited when Diana Krall's Christmas CD came out a couple of years ago and I saw that she had recorded the song "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep", originally sung by Rosemary Clooney in the film. It is one of my favourites from the movie. Here are the lyrics:

Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep, counting my blessings

When my bankroll is gettin' small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep, counting my blessings

I think about a nursery
And I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them
As they slumber in their beds

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.

So if you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.

~Irving Berlin


Blogger seems to be acting up so I'll have to add a picture later...

Labels:


posted at 12:01 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Thats one of my favorite movies of all time!! :)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

I love all the old Christmas movies & White Christmas tops the list! Enjoy your snowy day! Weather here is in the 60's & it is hazy outside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Pudginess, Piano and Pipe Wrenches
Progress!
Gridlock
Slowly (or not so slowly!) going crazy...
It's always Martha, Martha, Martha!
Overdoing it
An Amy Butler portfolio for the "I love Paris!" sw...
Slacking
15 minutes
Handmade Holidays

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: