Saturday, November 17, 2007
It's always Martha, Martha, Martha!
Have I mentioned that I love Martha? I really do. Every single project or recipe that I have ever tried from her website or one of her magazines has turned out. Not a single flop amongst them.
There seems to be a sort of unwritten guarantee of success when it comes to Martha Stewart.

Today I was looking for a recipe for an Hawaiian themed church potluck tomorrow. I headed over to her site and found this recipe for Hummingbird Cupcakes. (I'm short on time and energy so I didn't make the dried pineapple flowers for the tops.) The cupcakes are great though! I made them without the nuts just in case of any allergies.

On Friday I also picked up the December issue of Martha Stewart Living. I eagerly await it's arrival every year. It's my must have issue. Usually I skip November's issue because Thanksgiving has already come and gone for us in Canada. By the time December's issue hits the newsstand I pretty much have Martha withdrawal! I even asked to have the magazine put aside for me as only 3-5 copies of each issue are sent to our town. For those of you who are city folk, that is probably a little bit unimaginable.

This Gingerbread Town-Square Cake looks beautiful and sounds delicious. The Gingerbread Bedroom Mobile is also a cute idea for little ones.

On a sadder note, Martha's mother, Martha Kostyra, passed away on Friday at 93. She often made appearances on Martha's shows and was always such a cheerful, bright addition to the show. I'm sure she will be greatly missed.

posted at 11:59 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

I too love the Martha books and magazine! Have you visited the Martha craft area at Michael's Craft Store? I love it!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I've only had a chance to go to Michael's once in the past year or so but I did have a quick browse through the Martha section. Actually, it was THE reason I went into the store... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Overdoing it
An Amy Butler portfolio for the "I love Paris!" sw...
Slacking
15 minutes
Handmade Holidays
Feeling productive!
My baby is growing up!
Je me souviens.
Lots to do!
Packing

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: