Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Slowly (or not so slowly!) going crazy...
Update: Thankfully the hunger strike didn't last too long. Once he started eating he became much more reasonable. The rest of the day actually didn't go too badly. :)

We dropped the fish off at his new home and he is now happily ensconced in his new environment with many new fish friends. Catching him was a bit of a task but we succeeded after only two attempts and I managed to only get a drop of aqaurium water in my mouth despite the bru-ha-ha. Yuck.


Toddlers. They can be so cute. They can be sooo whiny. This morning has had me dreading what the rest of the day holds. So far Hendrik has been so miserable that I don't even know what to compare him to. He's refusing to eat, aside from a piece of cheese and a bit of juice earlier. There have been tantrums and flailing and incessant whiny requests for things we don't have or that I can't understand. Maybe he's getting sick, I don't know. Thankfully Riley is chipper today so I don't have crying in stereo.

I found a home for our plecostomus yesterday.


I am glad that he has a new home. Not many people are interested in such a large fish. Ours is at least 8 inches long from head to tail. He was tiny when we got him but after cleaning up after our giant goldfish for half a year he caught up with them in size. Now that the goldfish have passed on, he is all alone in the tank. We were hoping we could find someone that would want him as we are going to be limited for space at our new house and our tank takes up quite a bit of room.


The guys at our local water treatment plant are going to adopt him for their fish tanks. I'm taking him down there later on today. Now I just have to figure out the best way to catch him. They are armoured fish and have some spines so I'll have to be careful. I'm going to try emptying most of the water out of the tank first and then try to get him to swim into a bucket. If that doesn't work, I'll try picking him up with rubber gloves. I think I'm going to end up covered in aquarium water either way. Fish, much like toddlers, don't take too kindly to being prodded to do things they don't really want to do.

Labels: , ,


posted at 12:47 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

Being hungry makes me crabby too! Uunfortunaly for toddlers sometimes they just don't know what to do when they became irrated & grumpy!

Happy Thanksgiving Jenny!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Hee hee. Do be careful, though... an "armored" fish does not sound friendly :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
It's always Martha, Martha, Martha!
Overdoing it
An Amy Butler portfolio for the "I love Paris!" sw...
Slacking
15 minutes
Handmade Holidays
Feeling productive!
My baby is growing up!
Je me souviens.
Lots to do!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: