Thursday, November 01, 2007
You don't have to be crazy but it helps!
Today is the first day of NaNoWriMo 2007. I have been following this site for a few years now and have contemplated participating several times but never quite got up the nerve. This year I decided to give it a go. I think I may have completely lost it! We are hoping to move to our new house in the very near future, I have 2 little people to chase after, and a to do list a mile long but I'm really feeling the need to do something somewhat creative. This involves no cost, no time consuming set up or take down every day, no safety risk to the kids or to me, and allows me the chance to let my imagination run wild without having to worry about someone grading my work. I don't know if I'll actually make it or not but it's worth a shot!

For those of you who are wondering, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month (say NAN-no WRY-mo)and it is a self-induced contest with one's self (and others if you choose) to see if you can write a novel in the month of November. To qualify you must have written 50,000 words at the end of the 30 days. The novel is never read or judged by anyone on the site, you simply submit your document to a verifying word counter on the site. There is no official prize.

I honestly don't have a plot so I am just winging it. I don't know what the finished product will look like. It will probably never be reread by me or by anyone else. I by no means consider myself to be anything resembling a writer, it's just something new for me to try.

Labels: ,


posted at 10:00 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
A sneak peak!
What's in a name?
Works-For-Me Wednesday - Colour coded laundry bask...
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Bonjour Mes Amies!
Some treasures in mail
Hendrik's Book List
7 Random Things Meme
Miss Riley pulls herself to standing!
WFMW - Table/counter basket

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: