Friday, December 07, 2007
Glucose Challenge Test
As I type I am drinking a bottle of what tastes like orange pop on steroids. Extra sweet, extra fizzy, extra orange. I am doing the 50g test. You are supposed to drink the little bottle of liquid sugar in about 5 minutes and then an hour later go to the lab and have blood drawn so they can determine how well your body copes with copious amounts of sugar in a short period of time. It basically rules out gestational diabetes. Thankfully it's not a fasting test so you can have something in your stomach before you swallow all of that sugar. Blech. I don't find it as bad as many people warned me it would be but it is very, very, very sweet and I wouldn't voluntarily drink the stuff for any other reason.
The baby is already more active, poor thing is on a sugar rush!
Now I'm off to brush my teeth. The stuff is definitely a dentist's nightmare!

Labels:


posted at 1:44 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Hee hee, that stuff is supposed to be extremely yucky. Isn't is sad that for once, A Dr. wants you to eat something sugary, and you have to waste it on the yucky orange drink? :)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Very true! :) LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Making Your Home a Haven - Day 3 (Laundry Room)
Making Your Home a Haven - Day Two (Living room)
the vegetable orchestra
Making Your Home a Haven - Day One (Entrance)
Kidlets!
The Latest
Packing to do list
A little house update
Commitment to Loveliness
Brrrrrrrr!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: