Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Getting ready for baby
I am starting to make some progress on the baby preparation front. I washed and dried a bunch of neutral coloured/themed baby clothes and blankets yesterday at my mom and dad's. Today I will fold them and store them in large Ziploc bags so they are ready to go if we have to go to Yellowknife to have the baby. If not, at least I know they are freshly washed and handy here at home.

I located the baby bed amidst the piles of boxes upstairs and found the infant car seat accessories, like head/hip supporters. I will be shopping around for a new car seat today as well. We've decided to buy a bigger one that Hendrik will use and that can convert into a booster seat for when he's older. Riley will move into his car seat, which we will change back to rear facing for now, and the new baby will take over the one Riley has been using. Hopefully the new car seat will be here in a week or so.

Next, we'll have to get the van sorted out and cleaned out a bit. It's been doubling as a wood hauling truck lately (it's an Astro van) so we can put the benches back in it. Our little Geo is not going to be big enough for 3 car seats and 2 adults.

I should pick up some newborn diapers for now as well. We have cloth diapers for all the kids but until we get our hot water heater functioning we're using disposables.

Labels:


posted at 11:39 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

I need to wash some things for my baby, too. He's just a month away from being here. It's hard to believe, isn't it? But I can't wait.

I don't know how you do it without a hot water heater, especially in the cold climate that you live in. I'm impressed!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Rain said...

We are moving, and I just came across our stash of baby clothes. I'm always amazed at how small they seem to me compared to the toddler ones! Reading your post really makes me want another wee one!

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Plumbing adventures
Weird winter
Unwanted visitor
For the grandmas out there....
Accounting?
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend...
After Photos
Making Your Home a Haven - January 7
A side effect of not having hot water....
Can you say relaxed?

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: