Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Some decluttering tips
I like the show "Neat" on hgtv with Helen Buttegig. Helen is a professional organizer and is great at helping people find systems that work for them, not just imposing her own organizing style on them.

Here is what I'm thinking about today as I try to unpack more boxes into our little house (650 sq ft total!!!):

3 Questions to Help Make Purging Decisions
1) Have I used it recently?
2) Is there a specific use for it?
3) Would my life suffer if I didn't have it?

If the answer is no, let it go!
~From the Neat website.

I particularly like #3. There are so many things that I don't need, never use, and if I didn't come across them every now and then I wouldn't even know I had them.

Labels:


posted at 11:17 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

I went through my house this fall room by room in 15 minute increments decluttering. My inspiration was Don Aslett's book Clutter's Last Stand. Since we're hoping to move soon, I guess I should do it again because I know I didn't get everything out. But now just isn't a good time, you know? Maybe in a few months when I'm not so bulky and the baby is sleeping decently at night.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Hi there! I tagged you to play along in a meme about six unimportant things about yourself if you'd like to! You can see the details on my blog post called "Six Unimportant Things Meme".

Please keep up the great blogging, I really enjoy reading here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
love is the greatest refreshment in life. - pabl...
Mystery solved!
Dwayne of All Trades
A sick little guy
So clear and bright!
Getting ready for baby
Plumbing adventures
Weird winter
Unwanted visitor
For the grandmas out there....

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: