Monday, January 14, 2008
Unwanted visitor
Last night I was hanging up wet laundry on our drying rack when I felt a tickle on the inside of my flannel pyjama pants. I thought it was probably a thread so I light scratched the pant leg and figured that would shift the thread for the time being. A second or two later I felt ANOTHER tickle. This time it had moved down from my hip to my calf. I now began to suspect this wasn't a thread. Ugh. I shook the fabric of my pants hard and lifted the cuff at the ankle and out popped some sort of wood beetle. Gross. I managed not to scream (the baby was already asleep), uttered a few sounds of disgust, and looked around for something to squish the beetle with but there was nothing appropriate in arms' reach so the little creep escaped into a crack in the floorboards.

My 2 year old thought this whole escapade was entertaining and for the rest of the time before bed he kept saying, "I have a beetle in my pants. It's yucky. Take off my pants." Thankfully, it didn't bite and it wasn't THAT big but I don't welcome insects of any size inside my clothing. Ew.

Labels:


posted at 10:31 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Terrible.

One time, I had a roach in my jammies. I only discovered this after I put them on. Horror of horrors. I absolutely CAN'T STAND creepy crawlies!!! I was traumatized for weeks! My darling daddy just laughed as I did the creepy crawly dance making sure no other bugs were on me. :)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger lindsey elizabeth g said...

Oh SICK! I would have screamed for sure. Hendrik's reaction is hilarious :) Has he had any experience with haireaters yet??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
For the grandmas out there....
Accounting?
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend...
After Photos
Making Your Home a Haven - January 7
A side effect of not having hot water....
Can you say relaxed?
Finally enjoying home
One of my Christmas presents
Bloggy block

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: