Saturday, February 16, 2008
Change of plans
I went in for my regular prenatal check-up with the midwives on Thursday afternoon and the midwife picked up that baby's position had likely changed. She had one of the doctors do a quick ultrasound. Sure enough, it confirmed her suspicions - the baby had turned breech.This meant that I was no longer a candidate to stay in my community. I had to leave either that night on a medivac flight or the next morning on the scheduled flight if there was room. As I wasn't in labour, I requested the morning flight so I could pack and get the kids ready to go to my parents'.

I left at 6:30 am on the plane and spent most of the day at the hospital. I had an appointment with a local midwife, a locum obstetrician, followed by an attempted version (trying to turn the baby from the outside - it didn't work), and then another ultrasound to make sure that the baby was still in the position they thought it was.

If I have the baby before Tuesday I will likely have a breech VBAC (unless baby turns back on its own) but if the baby comes after Tuesday I may not be given a choice but have to have a c-section as the doctor on call for the rest of the week is not as VBAC or breech friendly. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER C-SECTION. The recovery takes so long comparatively and I have 2 little ones to chase around plus the new baby on the way. There is still a chance the baby could turn back on its own and that would likely allow me to have another VBAC as well.

Please pray that all will work out for the best. My husband left this morning to start driving up here to meet me and should be here sometime this evening (it's about an 8 hour drive). The kids are home with my mom and dad. I know they're in good hands but I sure miss them!! I have extremely limited internet access at the hotel but will let you know once baby arrives!



posted at 5:29 PM  

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Jenny, I'm praying for you!! And so is my life group at church. Know that you are being lifted up!

Also, on a funnier note, when I was telling my hubby about your situation, he said, "So she's in silver arrow now?" I couldn't help but to laugh- then he said to me, "Oh, I mixed it up. I knew it was a color and a weapon." I've never heard Yellowknife described that way before. Lol!!! :)

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

I am so excited for you. Soon you will greet your precious gift from God. I will be praying.

At 1:08 PM, Blogger lindsey elizabeth g said...

Hey Jen, I hope all goes well - and quickly! Give me a call if you get bored up there... I'm home most of this week for reading week. Love ya!

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Emma said...

We're praying for your Jenny! I can't wait to hear the news about your new baby!

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey Jenny. My mom and I are lifting you up in our prayers. Can't wait to hear the news.

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

I'd love to be linking this entry in the "More from BlogHer" section of the ads but you haven't yet installed them. And I'm betting you'll be too busy to do it anytime soon!

But seriously, I was really wanting to post this one because I respect so much that you are committed to a VBAC when most people would assume that breech means it cannot be done. And I'm deeply impressed you have medical staff on your side. I'll be thinking of you and holding up the image of a safe VBAC for you both! I know you can do it. I have faith in you and your body!

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jenny & Dwayne! We're praying for you and looking forward to the news!!

Dennis, Val, Elijah & Davin


Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: Jenny
I blog lately at
My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Maternity clothes
A different sort of Saturday afternoon
Bedtime conversations with Hendrik
Belly photos!

2 more weeks - give or take 2 weeks...
New-to-me Regency gown
Some new things to read!
Essential daily companions
What type of Mother Hen Are You? by Montesso...

Blog Archives



The WeatherPixie


Blog Design by:

Powered by:

Images from: