Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Essential daily companions

I bought these work gloves this fall when we were out purchasing other supplies for the house. These were the first pink work gloves I had seen and when I saw them I knew I had to buy them. There is a strange phenomenon at work in my family - work gloves usually disappear unless they are quite distinctive. Everyone tends to end up with similar looking gloves and they get forgotten and reclaimed and make the rounds before some recognizes them and says, "Oh! That's where those went." I figured this way the menfolk wouldn't mistake them for theirs and likely wouldn't even borrow them if they couldn't find their own. So far so good!

I use these gloves at least a dozen times a day when I am loading or checking the wood stove or when I am filling up the pots and kettles to heat up dish water or if I have to grab something from outside quickly and don't need the warmth of my winter gloves.

Mine are the "Petal Pushers" from this page. Technically they're gardening gloves but they are great all around gloves as well. :)

Labels: ,


posted at 12:01 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I am new to your blog. Filling up kettles to heat dishwater?? Do you not have running hot water?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

We will have hot running water soon hopefully. A part for our hot water heater has been on back order for quite some time. For the past 2 months or so we've had to heat dish water etc and use shower facilities at our family's homes. It will be so great to have hot water coming out of a tap again. :)

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, got it:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
What type of Mother Hen Are You? by Montesso...
Fortune cookies
Birthday cake! At last...
Saturday afternoon "fixing"
What the world really needs is more love and less ...
New infant snack?
Confronting ones mortality
Do the Next Thing
Bloggy Award!
Some blogs to check out!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: