Wednesday, February 06, 2008
New-to-me Regency gown
Today I received a Regency gown in the mail that I ordered from a lady on the Sense & Sensibility Forum. I took a chance that it would fit and am I ever glad I did! I love it. The lady who made it found it a tad too small and as she had only worn it once, put it up for sale on the message board. Here is a picture, the dress even accommodates my pregnancy belly. :)
(Please pardon the slightly spaced out expression!)


I have always wanted a Regency gown since watching A&E/BBC's version of Pride and Prejudice (1995). I have a couple of the patterns put out by Sense & Sensibility Patterns but have yet to complete one. I have one in the works but won't be able to finish it or fit it until well after the baby arrives! This way I get to enjoy the dress and someone else's handiwork.

Labels:


posted at 12:04 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:39 AM, Blogger lindsey elizabeth g said...

It's lovely! Makes me feel like watching P&P...

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

What a pretty dress! I love Jennie Chancey's patterns!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Some new things to read!
Essential daily companions
What type of Mother Hen Are You? by Montesso...
Fortune cookies
Birthday cake! At last...
Saturday afternoon "fixing"
What the world really needs is more love and less ...
New infant snack?
Confronting ones mortality
Do the Next Thing

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: