Saturday, May 24, 2008
Creepy Crawlies
Bug season is officially here! In addition to the mosquitoes we now have carpenter ants (some of which are flying as the queens are trying to establish colonies), regular ants, assorted beetles, wasps (regular size and the giant queens flying around again), oodles of spiders big and small, and your staple house flies.

I'm not so much afraid as a bit disgusted. I don't mind seeing them go by but I don't like being surprised by them. There was a big nasty spider in a dish on the shelf the other day that I almost grabbed when retrieving a bowl that was stacked inside said dish. For some reason I took a look back into the dish after grabbing the bowl and saw it hunkered down where the bowl had been. Ew, ew, ew. I thought it was dead at first so I blew on it to make sure. It moved. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Thankfully Dwayne was inside and I made him squish it. I'm not a fan of the squishing. I don't like the feel or the sound if the bug/spider is big enough. I'm more of a catch and release kind of gal.

I don't want the kids to be afraid of bugs and spiders so I try to show repulsion instead of fear when a reaction is necessary! ;)

P.S. Happy Birthday to my bug loathing sister Lindsey!!!

Labels: ,


posted at 8:46 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
First Words!!
Gratuitous Abby shot
An open letter
Overheard...
Happenings
You know you live in the north when...
Bye bye buckets!!
Grouting the Shower
It's Official!
Happy Mother's Day!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: