Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Fort Myth stikes again
As many of you know, my husband is on parental leave right now. Wonderful for us but it means we are a little bit out of the loop from time to time. Dwayne went to the hardware store this morning to pick up a few things and ran into a couple of the guys from work. They had heard that I was pregnant again. Huh? It's amazing what you can learn about yourself if you listen to the rumour mill. This is actually is the second time in a week that someone has said something to Dwayne about this.

For the record: I am NOT pregnant.

We can only assume that someone saw me at the health centre going down to see the midwives. What a lot of people seemingly don't understand is that women stay in the care of the midwives for 1 year post-partum. Visiting the midwife does not necessarily indicate pregnancy!

Small towns. Gotta love 'em. Most of the time.

Labels:


posted at 1:21 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Hee hee... my hubby is from a small town- I'll have to tell him the story, he'll love it :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Small towns! So many great things about them but way too much gossip!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Sarah Jane Meister said...

Oh my! Similar things happen here to me too. . .ever since Judah was born someone has asked me almost every month "You're pregnant again, aren't you?" Now that I *am*, people tend to not believe me at first so I have to repeat it, loudly, for them to actually understand and comprehend.

Sometimes, to some people, gossip is more interesting than fact. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Wood gasifier
Greenhouse
Creepy Crawlies
First Words!!
Gratuitous Abby shot
An open letter
Overheard...
Happenings
You know you live in the north when...
Bye bye buckets!!

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: